If you’re ready to help out a furry friend, the first step is to fill out a foster application online.
A represenative will follow up with you to review your application and answer any questions.
Once approved, we’ll match you with an animal that will be placed with you in your home for foster care.
**Fostering can turn into a forever home and that’s OK! If that happens, we are happy to move forward with the adoption process.**
Reasons to Foster
Most of the time, fostering is a short term commitment, but makes a lifetime of difference to a soon to be pet.
- Most importantly, you will be saving a life!
- The soon to be pet gets to live with a family instead of a shelter.
- You increase the soon to be pet’s chance of being adopted.
- If you already have a pet, they’ll both develop better social skills.
- A soon to be pet can be a great companion for all ages!
- Free kisses and cuddles!
- Your soon to be pet will receive free veterinary care.
- You help us learn about the soon to be pet’s personality, so we can place them in the best possible home.
- It’s a good way to see if you’re ready for a pet, or an additional pet.
- It’s an opportunity for you to help rescue an animal without a lifetime commitment.
- You can help a soon to be pet recover from an illness or injury.
What Foster's Do
- Provide a safe, loving home for the soon to be pet
- Provide food and shelter
- Help train dogs on basic commands and housebreaking. Help litter box train cats
- Participate in adoption events, as often as possible
- Create and periodically update a bio for us to post, detailing the soon to be pet’s personality
- Email updated photos and videos for us to post on adoption sites
- Participate in the adoption process: meet and greets and home checks
- Ensure the soon to be pet gets to vet appointments for vaccinations and other medical treatment – Ensure the soon to be pet is safe inside at all times
- AVAP covers all the medical costs and can assist any expenses you incur while fostering, such as food and supplies if needed. All costs incurred caring for your AVAP foster is tax deductible.
- Once you become a AVAP foster, you also gain access to our foster family Facebook group where you can engage with other fosters just like you!
Have space in your heart and home? These sweet cats and dogs are looking for kind owners to rescue them.
If you can’t adopt or foster one of our cats or dogs, you can help them get wha they need by making a donation.
© Copyright 2018. A Voice for All Paws 5013c